Opportunity is knocking, will you answer? We just got in from a great talk by one of the co-founders and CTO of Cambridge MA-based HubSpot. The company focuses on business-to-business inbound marketing. They understand and ‘get’ social media as well as what it takes to help brands reach their audience and, more importantly, vice versa.
I am happily employed so I am not in the running for the position. This led me to think that I should share this pretty neat opportunity with my faithful subscribers and readers.
HubSpot is looking for a Content Marketing Manager (job description below). We had the pleasure to hear Dharmesh Shah speak and he may have gone at a frenetic pace but everything from the presentation to how he described HubSpot’s mission…just clicked. I would love to work with someone like Dharmesh (@dharmesh) in the future and it’s easy to see why he’s been such a successful entrepreneur. Think you have what it takes? Check out the job below and tell them we sent ya!
Are you an inveterate content creator? Do you blog? Do you post pictures from your travels on Flickr or Facebook? Do you share your content with your friends on Twitter?
Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Do you innovate while you sleep? Are you hunting for an opportunity at an intense, fast-paced company with enormous potential for growth?
If the answer to these questions is yes, you might be the next rockstar HubSpot content marketing manager.
As a content marketing manager, you will be responsible for various HubSpot content projects. Depending on your specific skill set, this will include blogging, video production and editing, analytical research, webinars, public speaking, and maybe a music video or two.
You will also be expected to engage with HubSpot’s online community via various social media and community tools.
As a content marketing manager, you will be assessed based on your ability to grow the traffic and leads your content produces. You will have unusual freedom to decide how you accomplish these goals, and remarkable resources at your disposal.
Here are a few specific qualities of top-notch content marketing managers:
- You write like Hemingway.
- You have active, robust accounts on Twitter, Facebook & Linkedin.
- You have startup or entrepreneurial experience.
- You are highly analytical; you thrive in data-driven organizations.
- You are smarter than your hiring manager. More importantly, you aren’t afraid to hire people who are smarter than you are.
- You have a chip on your shoulder. (You’re ambitious, not complacent.)
- Intensity excites you.
- You’re a people person. You blow Dunbar’s number out of the water. People gravitate to you and you maintain many substantive, respectful relationships.
- You get shit done.
- You’re a creative thinker.
- You don’t care what your title is; you’re not afraid to do the heavy lifting required of any job that has enormous potential for growth.
- You’re agile. You don’t get hung up on projects that don’t work; you can correct your direction quickly.
- You’re a quick learner. (You’re undaunted by items on this list that don’t describe you because you know you can learn.)
- You understand HubSpot and what we do.
- You’re tenacious.
- You’re fun to be around.
HubSpot is an extremely flat organization. We’re looking for marketing managers with various levels of experience.
If this interests you, check out our blog (http://blog.hubspot.com/), follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/hubspot), be our fan on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/hubspot), then apply. (click here to get to the HubSpot job board)