From ISTE Connects:
The official numbers from ISTE 2010 are in and they are impressive. The slow Wi-Fi during major events can be explained in part by the 16,500 devices trying to connect at the same time. Also, my sore feet can attest to the accuracy of the exhibit hall numbers. Walking that floor was like hiking a mountain path while being pursued by very friendly and aggressive wildlife.
- 12,792 registered attendees
- 4,781 exhibit personnel
- 16,500-plus simultaneous wireless connections
- 801 international attendees from 63 countries
- More than 600 concurrent sessions plus additional showcases, galleries and poster sessions
- Dozens of workshops with more than 2,660 tickets sold
- More than 1,500 presenters from around the globe
- More than 19,000 concurrent users on the Wi-Fi network
- An exhibit hall featuring 1,282 booths and 456 companies displaying hardware, software, equipment and services focused on the use of technology to improve learning, teaching and school administration
- 118 registered journalists from around the globe
Numerous social media channels tracking, tweeting, blogging and live-streaming ISTE 2010 activity with thousands of participants from nearly 100 countries, including Brazil, India, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico, The Netherlands, South Africa and Turkey.
ISTE’s 2011 conference and exposition will be held next year in Philadelphia, June 26 through 29. See you in the City of Brotherly Love!