Jumo, the social network designed to connect you with benevolent causes, has officially launched the beta version as of a few minutes ago.
If you’re part of an organization or project, creating a Jumo page is simple. Start by signing up on Jumo.com and creating a page for your organization.
Leveraging connection technologies, Jumo enables people to find, follow and support those working toward solutions on the ground in their community and in regions across the globe.
Jumo is founded and directed by Chris Hughes, co-founder of Facebook and director of online organizing for Barack Obama’s 2008 Presidential campaign. Founded in February 2010, Jumo set out to address three key challenges:
- There are millions of people working to improve the lives of others, many of whom lack the resources to have greatest impact.
- There are millions more who want to help, but don’t know how.
- Despite huge advancements in connection technologies, it’s hard to find meaningful opportunities to get involved.
Jumo makes it easy to:
- Find the issues and organization you care about
- Follow the latest news and updates
- Support their work with your time, money and skills.