Pardon the ‘Whoa!’ in the title but that is literally what I said when logging into my Google+ account this morning. It’s, well, totally different. Same features but an all-new layout.
- It’s not trying to be Facebook…as much. There’s a new Facebook-y sidebar chat bar though.
- It’s trying to be a bit
- The left static sidebar is beautiful. It’s going to allow the G+ team to add a lot more features to the site in terms of design.
- It’s far more streamlined. It’s now much easier to figure out what the social network actually is. Was it a Facebook clone? A Twitter knock-off? Skype duplicate? Apparently it’s a mashup of all three and is looking pretty sweet.
- In terms of the profile pages, I’d like to say a big THANK YOU to the G+ team for not trying to replicate Facebook’s Timeline view. I don’t need more of that in my life.
Google+ is now a pretty mature platform that is really making me think about switching completely over to it. The content that’s been shared on G+ has been 100x better than anything I’ve seen on Facebook. While it’s no Twitter, it’s pretty fabulous. If you’re not on G+ yet, check it out. After all, you probably already have an account if you’re a Google user!
2 Big Questions
So now that they’ve changed everything, I have two big questions:
1) Will everyone be as outraged as when Facebook does design overhauls?
2) Will the design make a difference? Will it make you more or less likely to use Google+?
Circle Us Up!
Weigh in on, of course, the Edudemic G+ page! Use the fancy G+ widget on the right of this page (or click here) to add Edudemic to your circles. You’ll be glad you did!
The New Profile Page
New ‘Trending Topics’ Tab
The Ability To Change The Left Sidebar