6 Quick Tips
When using an iPad or tablet:
- Use a case that positions the device at a comfortable viewing angle
- Take a break every 15 minutes
- Routinely shift hands and weight; stand up if seated, or sit down if standing
When using a laptop or desktop computer, follow the same tips for a tablet plus:
- Use an external keyboard
- Keep shoulders relaxed and elbows close to the body
- Keep hands, wrists, forearms, and thighs parallel to the floor
Key Takeaways of the Study
- The Apple Smart Cover doesn’t actually help. In fact, it may be harmful to your posture.
- The brand of device and the case it’s in can impact your comfort.
- About 1 in 5 Americans own a tablet.
- Be sure to move around and take breaks about every 15 minutes during tablet use (this should always be remembered for classrooms!)
- Tablet users bend their necks more than PC and laptop users