Twitter is a massive force in the world of education and, well, the entire world. From being a source of breaking news to a way to connect with friends, it’s quite the tool. It’s easy to see why Twitter has turned into such an important part of modern society. But just fast is Twitter growing? Which countries are using Twitter? How do people use Twitter? This visualization shows us exactly what happens on Twitter and where. Definitely some key statistics that are worth knowing and sharing. Do any of these numbers surprise you?
Key Things To Know
- Twitter is now the fastest growing social platform.
- Membership numbers increased 40% between Q2 and Q4 2012.
- There are now 485 million account holders.
- There are 288 million active users.
- More than half (57%) of active users share images on Twitter.
- About 40% of users use the direct message feature regularly.
- Most people use Twitter to share and connect with people rather than join events and brands.
Click the visualization below to enlarge.